March 10this the International Day of Awesomeness!This day gives us the opportunity to celebrate every person, place, thing, or idea in the world that is awesome. As the official tag line points out, “No one’s perfect, buteveryonecan be awesome.”
Kevin Lawver declared the need for an International Day of Awesomeness in 2007. He was working with intern Freddie Maneiro who suggested that the office should celebrate Lawver’s awesomeness. Lawver replied that there should be an International Day of Awesomeness. He posted the idea to Twitter and the rest is history. Why March 10th? Because that's Chuck Norris' birthday - but this isn't really a salute to Chuck Norris, the man. This is a tribute to the awesomeness of the the myth of Chuck Norris.
The easiest way to celebrate the International Day of Awesomeness is to be awesome. You could organize a group of your friends to perform feats of awesomeness with. You could write a blog entry about someone you think epitomizes the ideals of awesomeness. As we get closer to the day, we'll have more concrete tips for things you can do to celebrate this very important (but fun, fun, fun - we can't stress that enough - the International Day of Awesomeness should be fun and not taken too seriously).
DID YOU KNOW:
- Bulletproof vests wear Chuck Norris for protection.
- Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
- Chuck Norris once broke a mirror over the head of a black cat while he was standing under a ladder on Friday the thirteenth. The next day he won the lottery.
- Death once had a near-Chuck-Norris experience.
- Chuck Norris can speak French…In Russian.
- Chuck Norris doesn’t dial the wrong number, you pick up the wrong phone.
- Chuck Norris can kill your imaginary friends.
- When Chuck Norris gives someone they middle finger, he is telling them how many seconds they have left to live.
- Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
- Chuck Norris can hear sign language.
- Pluto is no longer a planet because Chuck Norris says so.
- When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, Chuck Norris kills them both.
- Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
- Chuck Norris can eat just one Lay’s Potato Chip.