The Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District began processing COVID-19 testing Monday using an existing laboratory at the Health District as approved by the State of Texas. Yesterday morning 20 samples were collected, 17 were collected at the drive-thru specimen collection site and 3 inpatient samples were processed locally. Late Monday, testing was completed on the 20 samples: 14 were negative and six tested positive for COVID-19 of which one is not a resident of Nueces County.
The patients with positive results have been notified and educated about safety precautions for both them, their family, and the community. All positive cases were travel related (Costa Rica, Ireland, Houston, New Orleans, Spain) and not considered community spread. With yesterday's testing results, the total COVID-19 cases in Nueces County is now at six.
The City of Corpus Christi and Nueces County are working closely to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the community. Officials are considering multiple options to protect the community including shelter in place orders much like other states, cities and counties have implemented. Officials are planning to update the public and media Tuesday with any additional information.
Looking for some ways to spend peaceful time on the Internet? We've got a collection of links to bring you some instant peace, FOR FREE.
- Teleport Camera:A live look at beaches around the world.CLICK HERE
- Explore Oceans:Go underwater without ever getting wet with a number of oceanic live cams.CLICK HERE
- Explore Birds Bats And Bees:Love nature? This is the place.CLICK HERE.
- Yellow Brick Cinema:Looking for a calming space to get some mediation on? Maybe you just want to listen to some peaceful vibes for HOURS.CLICK HERE.
- Rolling Cam Venice:Virtually stroll the streets of Venice, Italy.CLICK HERE.
- CritterVision Critter Cam:A 24/7 live-streaming cam of local wildlife as seen from a backyard in the lowcountry South Carolina.CLICK HERE.