So you want to make big changes to your life, but you’re lazy? No problem. Instead of thinking of being lazy as a bad thing,Polly Wirum, life coach and self-proclaimed lazy girl, says you can lean into your lazy nature and use it to create a life filled with happiness.And this is her guide to doing it.
- Be lazy enough to relax and laugh a little at yourself- Number one? Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Allow yourself to welcome change- One of the best parts of laziness? Not wasting energy on fighting change. Let your lazy help you become a “master of allowing.”
- Pay attention to your ratio of hustle versus allowing- This lazy girl’s rule of thumb is 70% work and 30% allowing. Wirum explains, “This means you do the groundwork, let go of expectations and allow the universe to deliver.”
- Listen to your gut- Trust your intuition and don’t waste time and energy getting other people’s views on what’s going on in your life.
- Be still- Practice doing nothing and learn to enjoy the stillness.
- Do what makes you happy- Sounds easy, right? But Wirum points out that many of us don’t prioritize what brings us joy. She advises finding the simplest and “most uncomplicated form of what connects you to happiness.”
- Stop comparing yourself to others- It’s a waste of your energy, so instead realize you’re on a unique journey that should be honored, not put down because it’s not like everyone else’s.
- Create good boundaries- Wirum explains that means not saying “yes” to something you don’t really want to do and not letting things and people into your life that aren’t a good fit.