Is “Home Alone” one of your favorite Christmas movies? Well, now’s your chance to spend the night at the McCallister family’s house from the 1990 classic comedy. The Chicago-area home will be available to book for one night only as part of a promotion for the new Disney+ movie, “Home Sweet Home Alone.” And it’s only $25 (plus taxes and fees).
The special overnight stay will be hosted byBuzz McCallister,the bully big brother ofKevin, who gets left behind in the film. "You may not remember me as particularly accommodating,” Buzz says in the news release, "but I've grown up, and I'd be happy to share my family home — my pizza, even — with you this holiday season. Just try not to let my tarantula, Axl, loose this time."
Buzz won’t actually be staying in the house with you, but his photo, and photos of other “Home Alone” actors will be hanging on the walls. The house comes with lots of extras, including:
- a decorated Christmas tree
- booby traps that you can set yourself
- aftershave and a mirror to scream into, just like Kevin did
- 1990s junk food, including Chicago pizza and a "candlelit dinner" of microwave Kraft mac and cheese
- a meet-and-greet with a real tarantula
- a viewing of "Home Sweet Home Alone"
- a Lego Ideas "Home Alone" kit to take home
The overnight stay will take place on December 12th andbookingopens on December 7th at 1pm CT.