Ā 

Morgan Wallen Says He 'Ain't Been In A Bar' Since Chair-Throwing Incident

Photo: Getty Images

Morgan Wallen revealed he ā€œainā€™t been in a bar since the last time I was in a bar that everybody knows about.ā€

The country star confirmed with a laugh that he hasnā€™t set foot in a bar since his night out at Eric Churchā€™s bar, Chief's, last year in Nashville, Tennessee. Wallen was arrested and charged after he allegedly threw a chair from the six-story rooftop of the building shortly before 11 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, 2024.Ā The chair landed just a few feet away from two Metro Nashville Police Department officers standing on the sidewalk below. Witnesses, including bar staff, reportedly told law enforcement officials they saw Wallen ā€œpick up the chair, throw it over him, laughing afterward,ā€ per previous reports.Ā 

Wallen appeared on the latest episode of This Past Weekend w/ Theo Von on Wednesday (April 2). The pair discussed the Iā€™m The Problem artistā€™s level of fame, and Wallen noted, ā€œitā€™s not ideal to go everywhere, and even if you donā€™t get bothered, you were on edge the whole time because you thought you might. thereā€™s things that you just donā€™t do. Thereā€™s just things you donā€™t do anymore.ā€

When Theo Von brought up that drawing attention in bars must be a ā€œhassleā€ for Wallen, Wallen replied: ā€œIt's definitely the best thing for me. I mean, if you're using a bar as a specific exampleā€¦thatā€™s definitely the best thing for me. I ain't been in a bar since the last time I was in a bar that everybody knows about. ā€¦The most public time I was in a bar? That's the last time I was in a bar.ā€

Wallen pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in connection with the chair-throwing incident in December (months after he opened his own six-story Nashville bar, This Bar & Tennessee Kitchen). The singer-songwriterā€™s attorney, Worrick Robinson, said in a statement when Wallen pleaded guilty that the agreement ā€œrequires Mr. Wallen to spend 7 days at a DUI Education Center, be on probation for 2 yearsā€”one year for each of the misdemeanor charges for reckless endangermentā€”pay a $350 fine and court fees.Ā Upon the successful completion of his probation, the charges will be eligible for dismissal and expungement. Mr. Wallen has cooperated fully with authorities throughout these last eight months, directly communicating and apologizing to all involved. Mr. Wallen remains committed to making a positive impact through his music and foundation.ā€

Wallen said in a statement weeks after the incident, in part, that heā€™s ā€œnot proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility. I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe.ā€


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

Ā